GLAAD just received the following "apology" statement from Tracy Morgan’s management. Yet, hate is never funny. Is his career over? GLAAD bloggers discuss this.
“I want to apologize to my fans and the gay & lesbian community for my choice of words at my recent stand-up act in Nashville. I’m not a hateful person and don’t condone any kind of violence against others. While I am an equal opportunity jokester, and my friends know what is in my heart, even in a comedy club this clearly went too far and was not funny in any context.” Taken directly from the GLAAD blog.
- Tracy Morgan Apologizes for Homophobic Rant: ‘I’m Not a Hateful Person’ (towleroad.com)
- Update: Tracy Morgan Issues Apology About Homophobic Jokes Via His Management (lezgetreal.com)
- Film: Newswire: Tracy Morgan under fire for alleged homophobic rant (avclub.com)
- GLAAD & HRC Tag Team On 30’s Rock’s Tracy Morgan’s Recent Homophobic Allegations (lezgetreal.com)
- HRC to Tracy Morgan: ‘You’re not funny'; GLAAD asks to probe alleged ‘violently anti-gay remarks’ (miamiherald.typepad.com)